Have you ever had one of “Those Days?”
You know those days when out of the blue, an event happened that upset and changed your whole world.
This “event” was totally unexpected, unplanned, unforeseen, and indeed an unpredictable event at that.
If you think about it, isn’t that much like this Covid19 virus that has brought the world to its knees? I have lived for several decades, and I have never seen anything to match this. Yes, I have heard of plagues such as the Black Plague, Chicken Pox, and Polio, etc.
Investopia at https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blackswan.asp offers some insight:
- A black swan is an extremely rare event with severe consequences. It cannot be predicted beforehand, though many claim it should be predictable after the fact.
- Black swan events can cause catastrophic damage to an economy, and because they cannot be predicted, can only be prepared for by building robust systems.
- Reliance on standard forecasting tools can both fail to predict and potentially increase vulnerability to black swans by propagating risk and offering false security.
What are some of the “Black Swan Events” humanity has endured?
- The housing and financial crash in 2008 is probably one of the most recent in history (other than the 2020 Covid19 pandemic)
- The hyperinflation in Zimbabwe in 2008, at 79.6 Billion percent, can ruin a country and is almost impossible to predict.
- The “dot-com bubble” in 2001, when it busted, was much like the financial crash in 2008. Companies folded, with the losses passed on to investors.
- The ripple effect of the default of the Russian Government debt default in 1998 caused the demise of Long-Term Capital Management’s hedge fund.
Realizing this “Black Swan Event” has had catastrophic impacts on lives, countries, and economies the world over. How do businesses recover?
The sad and bitter truth is that some businesses will never recover. They have taken an economic blow, which they are finding too hard to overcome.
Depending on where you live in this world, your country may have been more impacted than another country. And sometimes, it is hard to understand as human nature is to judge by our circumstances.
The Philippines were among the countries impacted the hardest. They have fewer resources to deal with this type of emergency, and this forced their government to impose stricter lock-downs and quarantines to try to control the spread of Covid19.
This “Black Swan Event” and losing his first cousin and company attorney have sorely affected Compumatrix. To the credit of Henry James, Founder of Compumatrix, he has taken some very bitter lemons and is creating a delightful lemonade.
One of the most important aspects of a “Black Swan Event” is that it has a historical impact for generations to come will be referred to and talked about the world over.
Because of the grit, conviction, and self-confidence of some brilliant young developers, they are working tirelessly under sometimes impossible circumstances. And with the guidance of the founder, Henry James Banayat, and the launching of the “New Normal,” the new updated Compumatrix CDAP, replacing the old 2.0 version – Compumatrix will Succeed!
Stay tuned as Compumatrix prepares to launch.