My sweet Potato humble experience all started when a pandemic disturbed a busy and developing world. Almost all countries suffered, some put into lockdowns, lose jobs to the point of economic suffrage and financial difficulties experienced.
My country was one who suffered the devastating effect of the virus, which is known as the coronavirus. Said to have originated from China. At first, there was a mild shock to all aspects of life. Physical, mental, emotional, and social. Good thing our spiritual aspect was more boost because we know only God knows on how our lives will change from all of these.
I decided I can be sorry for myself, or I can do something productive and find a way to earn Pesos to support my family. I decided to make Sweet Potato Compote to sell because it will help build and boost immune systems as well as earn funds.
Speaking of boosting, in this time, we need to boost our immune system to fight against the virus. Eating healthy foods will help us get protected. Now came this idea in my mind of including sweet Potato in our meal plan. Aside from having many carbohydrates, it also makes a more robust immune system.
When I got the chance to help also through a friend’s help, I shared my Sweet potato roll to some of our front liners here. There I’ve got an idea when they commended me on how nutritious it is and how I can make an earning from it. I decided since I had to be home, I would work here and make money we need to support my family.
And now without further ado, Here’s the idea on how to make it.
Sweet Potato Roll ingredients:
- Sweet Potato, I prefer the yellow one (1kilo/ 6 pcs medium size)
- Lumpia wrapper (Filipino term), Spring roll or thin pasta like a sheet (English or another word)
- Two cans of evaporated milk (whatever brand lol)
Steps on how to make it:
- Wash the sweet potato peel then boil.
- Mashed and mix the evaporated milk.
- Put a small amount or a tablespoon size mashed sweet Potato into the spring roll wrapper or pasta sheet.
- Roll and lock it by dipping your finger in a cup of water and moisten the spring roll wrapper slightly.
- Ready to serve. You can make a lot depending on the size.
- And consumer wise, it does a service where you can make them happy at the same time you earned.
Through this, I was able to gain or earn 20$(PHP100-150) a day. Now, I am in the province it means a lot to me because food values here are at a lower price than in the city. I can buy and still provide well for the family.
Don’t let this pandemic stop you from living and dreaming. Don’t just live in your dream; Make it to fulfil your dream!!!
I learned from being a part of Compumatrix never give up; keep pushing forward, and you will succeed!!